This is really not the greatest shot of this finished skirt – taken this morning before I left for work in our very dimly-lit living room….. but you get the basic idea. A new skirt, made from two tones of linen-blend with four appliqued bicycles on the front. Pretty cool, yes?
The pattern for the skirt came from Sew Serendipity which is full of cute ideas, and instead of using the embellishment suggested I just found a bicycle outline on the Internet and turned it into some complementary. Strangely enough, I have no purple in my stash and would have been totally out of luck had I not recently ordered one of the scrap packs from Hawthorne Threads. That had two purplish pieces in it which made awesome bicycles.
So for the clothing count: I have now completed 2 skirts and one dress. I have one skirt needing only hemming to be complete and another one cut out and ready to be sewn (same style as this one but in one colour of linen). Hopefully this week I’ll get those other two skirts done and then I can move onto the red linen-look jumper that I’m dying to make for fall!