This space belongs to Megan Eliza (Red Cedar), long-time Vancouverite kicking it in the neighbourhood of Hastings-Sunrise. I communicate for a living, play music for pleasure, and fill the rest of my waking minutes with love, home, craft, art, outdoor adventures, photography, writing, grad school, gardening, cooking and even sometimes politics.
What do you want to know?
- My name is Megan Eliza. Last name Adam. I can be contacted here.
- I keep an ongoing list of things to live for.
- I am closer to forty than I ever expected I would be.
- I live on the west coast, in East Vancouver to be exact, and have always lived on the coast.
- I am married to the love of my life, and I have a step-daughter who is in high school. She lives with us half-time.
- I do a lot of things – these days mainly gardening, community organizing and writing. That’s when I’m not working at my paid communications job or engaged with my union as a negotiator and shop steward.
- I am a grad student at Simon Fraser University, pursuing a Master’s in Liberal Studies. My current required reading list is here.
- Sometimes I still play music, but not as often as I would like.
- Additionally I like to ride my bicycle, go hiking, and have wilderness camping adventures.
- And I’m a book nerd. Here is my progress on the 1001 Books List.
REVIEWS: I occasionally do reviews on this blog – mostly gardening books as of late but I am open to reviewing anything from the humanities (philosophy, crit theory, politics, history), literary fiction or poetry. Also interested in music – of the new folk or classical genres. I am also interested in reviewing eco-friendly products, especially garden products – and of course, local events. If you want to get in touch with me to provide a book or item for review, please use the Contact page above. Thanks!