So here is the finished quilt – pattern is Flower Chain, fabric is Flea Market Fancy – both designed by Denyse Schmidt. I appliqued the petals on rough (zig zag stitch) otherwise I would have gone crazy – but in my experience this technique holds up okay in the wash.
I am no fancy quilter – with just a regular sewing machine I can’t imagine trying to move everything around under the needle. I think I will send my next large quilt out to someone with a longarm which isn’t nearly as expensive as it used to be.
I had leftover fabric, so I made a couple of pillow shams to go with, as well as a stamp-block pillow. I need to do a little brag here and say that the cases are french-seamed because I don’t have an overlocker and wanted to make sure they held up to washing and use.
Thanks to Elizabeth Hartman – I am in love with this technique which took me no time at all today and results in perfectly lined up rows of tiny fabric pieces. Also, I now have a quilter’s grid drawn on canvas for future projects.
And this is all the bedding ready to be slept under! This marks the first full sized quilt that I have made for us since moving into this house nearly five years ago (I have made quilts for other people and smaller quilts for us – but the only queen-sized quilt I have ever made for myself is the first one I made 10 years ago). I am counting this as three separate patchwork projects in my attempt to do 52 projects in 52 weeks this year.