New spring kitchen linens!


It’s been ages since I’ve finished any sewing projects – mostly because of school, but also because my sewing machine was running a bit rough. Now that school is almost done for the semester, and I had my sewing machine tuned up last week – I have no excuse!

Starting out simply, I recycled some towels that were on the way to nowheresville and used them to back up some bright quilting fabric to make ultra-absorbent dishtowels. And then I added a few straightforward potholders to the mix and voila! New spring linens for the kitchen with a minimum of work and money. This is some slap-dash sewing, but so satisfying to get a project knocked off in under two hours!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s