It’s the end of the year and am I ever exhausted! So much so that tonight is looking like a big ole relax at home rather than any NYE festivities. I’ve been thinking a lot about the past year and have come to the conclusion that while it’s been pretty good for our household, it’s all around been a difficult year for many people we know, and really for all of Canada (what with the crappy elections and all).
In the spirit of all this reflection I’m thinking about what kind of resolutions can make my next year better than this past one.
So for starters I resolve that:
- I am not taking on any new projects, positions, or grants in 2012. I’m busy enough already and I want to make more room for my interests.
- I will play music for a minimum of two hours per week. Hopefully more.
- I will get 30 minutes of outside time per day, even if the weather is crummy. Studies show that this amount of outside exposure is a key to being happy.
- I will either go to the gym or otherwise do something physical four times per week.
- I will keep investing lots of time in my home, my relationship and my friends – the things which bring me the most satisfaction in my life.
I could go on of course, living a decent life being the continual project that it is, but I’m going to stop with these mostly very specific things because I believe they are do-able and each of them bring even more goodness to an already good life.
Happy New Year to all of you. Here’s to a 2012 full of light and all the things that make your lives the best they can be!
xox Red Cedar